Tuesday 10 June 2008

1981

It was my wife's birthday last week. I looked up what was Number 1 on the day she was born and found it was 'Stand And Deliver' by possibly the greatest pop group of all time. Adam & The Ants. A lot of people now who talk about Adam Ant will talk about how good the punk stuff was. But give me the pop music: Stand & Deliver, Kings Of The Wild Frontier, Prince Charming. Fantastic music!!! Just listen to how exciting Wild Frontier is, how powerful and how weird they sound for a chart topping group!!

PS: I bought Stand And Deliver that week when it was Number 1 back in...1981. I was 12.


Adam & The Ants - Stand And Deliver
Adam & The Ants - Kings Of The Wild Frontier

12 comments:

dickvandyke said...

Why, why, you doggone cradle snatcher you.

Simon said...

heh.

Mondo said...

And great B sides too - if you're an Ants fan you really should check out Marco and Chris's (both ex Ants) new band The Wolfmen it's as punchy and poppy as any peak period Ants material there are some samples here if you fancy lending an ear

So It Goes said...

Late happy birthday to your missus, Simon. My wife's 10 years younger than me, by the way (Dick's just being a jealous old bugger again).

Simon said...

Thanks for that.

Keeps me young anyway!

davyh said...

Strike a light, I've got 12" singles older than your missus : 0

dickvandyke said...

I've got fillings older than your missus. :(

davyh said...

I've got a missus older than your fillings : ((

Simon said...

Wow, you just turned into the Two Ronnies...

dickvandyke said...

Well it's goodnight from me ...

davyh said...

Oh stop it.

Uncle E said...

Excellent album, Kings Of The Wild Frontier! I loved his pop stuff, but stopped listening after the pretty darn good but critically derided Friend Or Foe album. I'm gonna pull out my Ant albums now...thanks for the post!