Monday 10 March 2008

Sex



Whoah I’m so full of joy,
A feeling no one can destroy
Cos that boy’s caress
Drifts right through my dress
Seeking my wet suit
A wide open clearing
Why I find everything
Totally refreshing

This train we’re leaving
until the morning
This train of thought weaves
in and out and shake it all about”

Hmmm. Joy’s Address by Float Up CP and featuring the incomparable Neneh Cherry. Float Up CP were a spin off from Rip, Rig and Panic, and didn't seem to carry the weight that band did. But I thought this was the sexiest song I’d ever heard; it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was messy, sweaty, funny, smart. And Neneh’s voice…..aaahhh. The track was like a mix of Bow Wow Wow and The Supremes; a perfect summer tune for me back in 1984.

Neneh had the same effect on me when she dueted on Slow Train To Dawn with Matt Johnson and on her own song Manchild. So I guess it was probably Neneh Cherry that hit me like a ton of bricks, not just the song….

Float Up C.P. 'Joy's Address'

No comments: